It's been awhile since my last post. As usual. I guess i can make it a resolution for the New Year to keep up with it, but as statistics go, that resolution probably won't be kept. They say that 80% of people w/resolutions don't follow through with them, and they are often broken by the end of January! I didn't make any for this past year. Usually one of them is to stop procrastinating. I think that's a common one.
We had a nice Christmas, as good as can be without Michael. Dan's gift to me was a weekend in San Diego. I loved it, we loved it, had a marvelous time. We hadn't gotten away like that in over 5 years. We kept saying we'd do it but it never happened. We didn't have a plan, no tours (Dan hates tours) but we went to Seaport and Old Towne and a couple of excellent restaurants. It was just relaxing and unstressed. For me, a vacation is when I physically am out of the house. Otherwise, it's just another day of cleaning, cooking and folding laundry. I actually don't mind doing those things though. I enjoy doing housewifey things. I really do. But it doesn't mean i don't get TIRED of it.
But I tell you, married couples really need to take a break from life at least once a year and even for a weekend, just go out together. You'll just rediscover when it's like to be two people and you'll fall in love all over again...or at least, you should! We talked about the kids a lot and how they're growing to be such responsible adults. We talked about light fun things, not earth saving issues or finances or generators.
Talking to Michael on the webcam are precious moments we don't get enough of. He's doing the best he can, misses us and of course, Cassie. They talk a lot and that's important. Poor Neen is going through similar situation with Daniel in Kansas.
These are a few of my favorite sites
About Me
- Laura
- I've been a homeschooling mom to my six gorgeous kids for over 16 years. I've been arried for 22 years. I'm proud mom to a Navy Sailor/Corpsman, two college students, and a future Army soldier. I love being a mom most of all. I'm a lifelong Roman Catholic. My patron saint is St Padre Pio. I love baseball, reading, chocolate, apple pie, old movies,the smell of the ocean, and Brad Paisley. And of course, writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.