This morning Lauren calls me and sadness filled the air. Dad had a rough morning and it sounded grim. He was acting oddly, talking about death and they just weren't sure how to proceed. It was a difficult phone call. We hung up fearing the end was near for my father.
Half hour later Soup calls and says he's MUCH better. Apparently he had slept for 12 hours straight and when he woke up, he was disoriented, very weak and rambling. Mom gave him a batido with Ensure and other good things in it, and it helped immensely. He was probably a bit dehydrated too. Well, he was up, talking and much better. Thank God.
A few minutes ago I spoke to him on the phone. He joked with me, had a nice chat and told him we'd be seeing him tomorrow. He sounded happy to hear that. Soup told me he asked to go to the barber earlier. He wanted his hair cut. I think he knows he's having his party tomorrow and wants to look good. Dad always looked sharp. So Manuela came to cut his hair right away.
This iron man just won't give up. He just keeps hanging on to life. It's a beautiful thing. I can't wait to see him tomorrow.
deo gratias.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are a few of my favorite sites
About Me
- Laura
- I've been a homeschooling mom to my six gorgeous kids for over 16 years. I've been arried for 22 years. I'm proud mom to a Navy Sailor/Corpsman, two college students, and a future Army soldier. I love being a mom most of all. I'm a lifelong Roman Catholic. My patron saint is St Padre Pio. I love baseball, reading, chocolate, apple pie, old movies,the smell of the ocean, and Brad Paisley. And of course, writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.