Dan has always told me I should try out for Jeopardy! But I would never even pass the test. I am not as book smart as those Jeopardy guys. But I do know unimportant stuff, trivial information, things that don't amount to anything...except maybe a million dollars.
Last night I called Soup to see how Dad was doing and she was watching that game show "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" or whatever it's called. I've seen bits and pieces of it maybe three times in my life so I don't know too much about it. Anyway, she was saying how this guy could win a million dollars if he answered this one question right. I was intrigued and walked over to the TV so I could watch too. As I'm walking, she's reading me the question: (I"m paraphrasing) When LBJ was President, he had some drink machines installed with 4 levers throughout the White House. They were for coffee, tea, Coke and what other drink?" I immediately said Fresca. Soup was like, really? I told her yea, I remember reading that somewhere years ago and I've always remembered it. And she says, "well, you could've won a million bucks!" The other choices were Yoo-Hoo, A&W root beer, and I forgot the other choice. But anyway, the guy had no clue. He was out to lunch. He asked the audience for help and they steered him to the Yoo Hoo answer. He lost big time. Sure enough, the answer was Fresca. Oh well. Who needs a million dollars?? All those taxes.
But I know a lot of dumb stuff. I wish I had a better memory though. With age comes forgetfulness. My kids would say I had it even when I was younger. So I'll amend that to say with children comes forgetfulness. They can't argue with that...
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are a few of my favorite sites
About Me
- Laura
- I've been a homeschooling mom to my six gorgeous kids for over 16 years. I've been arried for 22 years. I'm proud mom to a Navy Sailor/Corpsman, two college students, and a future Army soldier. I love being a mom most of all. I'm a lifelong Roman Catholic. My patron saint is St Padre Pio. I love baseball, reading, chocolate, apple pie, old movies,the smell of the ocean, and Brad Paisley. And of course, writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.