July 18, 2008
So much has happened in the last 4 months...I don’t know if I can recap all that’s happened but a brief summary of the family events will have to suffice.
I have been good about creating a little journal and I write from work, and in that I have the play by play for Michael’s Navy enlistment days. We are excited about that and happy that we have 5 months left till he leaves. The whole thing fills me w/the odd mixture of pride and sadness, for obvious reasons. He works hard at Big 5 and is given more hours than a part timer should have but his bank account is happier for it.
She’s loving her new car and experiencing what it is to budget. Without a car payment, her funds were her own except for a small phone bill and of course, school. But now she’s clamping down and can’t wait to start work again to get those paychecks.
And then there’s Josh. Josh is high as a kite awaiting school to start, his first college semester. He’s taking an oceanography class w/Neen and volleyball. They will have a blast going in together. He’s hoping to get a job soon but meanwhile, working for Brigham keeps him busy and his wallet full. He just loves being outdoors hammering nails and working hard. His graduation party was a smash with all the Kelly families, the Aguirres, our Hemet friends and some neighbors. We are blessed to know such fabulous people.
Just celebrating his 17th birthday is Joe. He’s grown into a fine young man. I mean, he’s handsome and tall and got good muscle, and he’s so sweet and honest and hysterically funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are a few of my favorite sites
About Me
- Laura
- I've been a homeschooling mom to my six gorgeous kids for over 16 years. I've been arried for 22 years. I'm proud mom to a Navy Sailor/Corpsman, two college students, and a future Army soldier. I love being a mom most of all. I'm a lifelong Roman Catholic. My patron saint is St Padre Pio. I love baseball, reading, chocolate, apple pie, old movies,the smell of the ocean, and Brad Paisley. And of course, writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.