Wednesday, August 5, 2009

June 2009

June 16, 2009
I will refrain from saying "A lot has happened since I last wrote." That gets pretty redundant and it’s clear that when the months pass w/o writing, things happen! A big ol’ DUH to that. Now that summer is here, I can spend a bit more time doing things I enjoy...like writing. And reading. Mom gives me so many books that I cannot keep up. I have a stack about 10 high w/novels I may not ever get around to reading.
Let’s start w/Michael as usual. I always go from oldest on down so there’s no favoritism here...

He did very well at Corps school and was overjoyed when given orders to come to Camp Pendleton and then Okinawa for 2 years. It’s what he chose and being w/the Marines is something he wanted the whole time. He loves being a corpsman, helping people, and he discovered he has a real interest in medicine. Whether he’ll pursue a career in it remains to be seen but it’s not totally out of the question. He still has eyes for SEALs but something (or should I say someone) has come into the mix that may complicate the situation. He has fallen in love with Cassandra Herrera, which is a nice surprise since they’ve known each other for quite some time yet never really noticed her till recently. She is nuts about him and I think they’re a wonderful match. So we’ll see how that all fits in to his military plans. For now, he is very happy and pleased w/being in San Diego till October when FMTB school ends. He comes home every weekend and speeds on down on Sunday evenings. I pray he doesn’t get a ticket in these next few months! They attended the annual Corpsman Ball last Friday and had a ....ball?? Couldn’t resist that one. They had a marvelous time. It was oh so elegant with plenty of brass and saluting and even a few dances. He was happy to have a girl, at last, to take to such a classy event.

Christina is finally not studying! For the last month or so, we barely saw her. She was always holed up in her room, writing, reading and staying up till the wee hours, studying and cramming for school. With school over till summer session begins, she’s enjoying the down time and not having to work makes her feel very liberated. She will do some online classes this summer so she can transfer next Spring.

She has found true love with Daniel. He is absolutely crazy in love with her (he’s got good sense) and cant’ wait to come home from Infantry school next month. He’ll be stationed in Kansas so at least that’s not too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About Me

I've been a homeschooling mom to my six gorgeous kids for over 16 years. I've been arried for 22 years. I'm proud mom to a Navy Sailor/Corpsman, two college students, and a future Army soldier. I love being a mom most of all. I'm a lifelong Roman Catholic. My patron saint is St Padre Pio. I love baseball, reading, chocolate, apple pie, old movies,the smell of the ocean, and Brad Paisley. And of course, writing.